Friday, January 1, 2010

Welcome to 2010

Here we go, a new decade beginning- 2010.

Funny- I don't really remember paying attention to the fact that it was a new decade since....hmm...well, since 1980 I think.

Oh, I know we all were obsessed with that new millennium thing- all worried about whether our clocks would explode and whether we would lose power and the world would end and such...(none of which happened by the way).


I think this year we are all anxious for the new decade. Not just looking forward to it but really anxious. The first decade of this new millennium has been a difficult one. We began innocently enough- simply happy our clocks were still working. Then came terror.

I don't think we had a real knowledge of terror until that fateful day in September of 2001. Those of us who were adults that day, and many of our children, now have a clear understanding of the meaning of the word terror.

The decade never had a chance to recover after that day.

We are all anxious for this new decade I think- it's a chance for a new beginning- we hope.


I- for one- would like to see things return to a time where we aren't so afraid all the time. I don't see that happening any time soon, but it's good to dream.


Then there's the economy. We are all struggling- I think it has to get better.

As for me- I plan to be better. I hope to be a better person, take better care of my family, my home and myself. The normal, bland New Year stuff.


I would also like there to be less of me, but we'll see how that works out. LOL


Till next time! Happy New Year

No comments:

Post a Comment