Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Just when you thought it was safe....but at least it isn't the cancer!

Ok, I will admit I titled this post just in a way to make sure people don't panic.

I didn't want to make people think the cancer was back. No reason to think I am anything but cancer-free. Woo Hoo!

With that said, I am still working on being chemo-free. The side effects from the chemo, that is.

In the past few weeks, I have seen about half of my eyelashes and eyebrows fall out. That was more annoying than anything- they keep getting in my eyes. Irritating during allergy season- can't tell what is "allergy-eye" versus what is bona fide "something-in-my-eye". Also not going to try mascara any time soon, that would be both difficult and probably would look very uneven anyway.

Another fun development.... The one side effect I was working hard to avoid seems to have crept up on me.

My nails.

{sad trombone}

I have lost one toenail so far and a few fingernails are lifting from the nail beds. This makes be incredibly sad (hence the sad trombone) and for some reason is just one I didn't want to have to deal with. I suppose we all have our thing, this one is mine. I do have to say, I thought it would hurt a lot more. My fingers are getting sore, but not as much as I thought they would. Time will tell how far they will go- will I lose the whole nail or will they sort of hang on? Will they all pull away?

This is sounding too much like one of those old serial stories- or the original Batman tv show.

Tune in next time for more updates! Same Bat place, Same Bat Channel!

I may be typing with my nose. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment